I haven’t done any work on the WebCell since August when it took over my thermostat schedule. But Daylight Savings Time ends in a few days, so I thought I should fix a bug in the code that handles it.
I didn’t test it, but I’m pretty sure the simple way the WebCell was figuring the end of Daylight Time would behave badly. I suspect it would have spent an hour ping-ponging back and forth between Daylight and Standard Time. You can see how it would happen: at 2:00 AM it sets the clock back to 1:00 AM; then it decides Daylight Time isn’t over for another hour and sets it back to 2:00 AM, etc.
The fix wasn’t hard – just do everything in Standard Time. Instead of Daylight Time ending at 2:00 AM Daylight Time, it ends at 1:00 AM Standard Time. All fixed. (Internally, time is kept in UTC [GMT] with time zone adjustment added to get Standard Time.)
All the parameters of Daylight Time can be changed in CellScript code, but up till now I hadn’t created a user interface to do it. I spent more time on the web page to view and edit Daylight Time settings than I did fixing the bug.